Dato’ Raja Segaran Krishnan
DATO’ R KRISHNAN, (ADVOCATE) B.Econs.,LLB (Hons) London, CLP (Malaysia), Dip Ed.(Malaysia),LLM (London), TEP, FICA
STEP Diploma in International Trust Management, STEP Diploma in International Compliance, STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes, STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising.
Dato’ Krishnan is the former Director of the Financial Services Institute (FSI) of the British Virgin Islands.
He is a current Committee Member of the Disciplinary Panel, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide.
On 29.5.2017 he was appointed as an Adviser of Family Trust Legal Affairs Centre (FLTAC) of King & Capital Law Firm, the oldest legal firm and a First Tier Law Firm in China. He is a Visiting Lecturer (Law and Offshore Financial Services) at Nankai University, Tianjin, Beijing, China.
He is a Director and the Lead Program Tutor of ProNumeris Training Centre Ltd, a leading Consultancy and Training Company based in Mauritius.
Dato’ Krishnan is an Advocate and Solicitor. He advises on personal and corporate ownership structures, business and personal succession planning and asset protection.
Dato’ Krishnan holds a Bachelor of Economics from the National University of Malaysia, a Bachelor of Law and Masters in Law (Advance Company Law) with Merit from the University of London. He has also completed the Certificate of Legal Practice from the Legal Qualifying Board Malaysia and holds a Diploma in Education.
He achieved distinction in the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management. Dato’ Krishnan is a full member of STEP Glasgow, Scotland. Dato’ Krishnan achieved distinction in STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising and holds a STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes.
Dato’ Krishnan also holds a Diploma in International Compliance (International Compliance Association, UK) and is a Fellow of the International Compliance Association carrying the title FICA.
Dato’ Krishnan was the former Managing Director of Arcus Edelstahl GmbH, a privately owned German Company. This Company is a major manufacturer and employer in Europe with Dato’ Krishnan directly responsible for the oversight of a significant workforce.
Dato’ Krishnan is a former Director of Labuan Borneo Trustees Limited, a regulated Trust and Fiduciary Services Company based in Labuan, Malaysia. He was also a Licensed Trust Officer with Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA).
Dato’ Krishnan is also a Senior Consultant of a blue chip New Zealand Fiduciary Services provider, Helmores Wealth Limited, regulated and licensed by the New Zealand Financial Markets Authority and the New Zealand Law Society.
Dato’ Krishnan is a Senior Consultant of GRC Advantage Pty, an Australian Compliance Consulting Company. He has guided a range of entities in obtaining approval to issue cryptocurrency coins and tokens through Labuan, Malaysia. He has also assisted entities to obtain licenses to operate a cryptocurrency and fiat currency money broking business.
Dato’ Krishnan is involved in and provides multi-national fiduciary services including providing advice on Foundations, Trusts, International Business Companies, Family Office, Compliance and Regulatory aspects, and Estate Planning with particular specialist knowledge in the area of structuring for asset protection, and family and business succession planning.
Dato’ Krishnan is well versed in the psychology behind the need for family governance structures and family offices, and in particular the effective drafting of the governing family constitution and subordinate constituent documents. Dato’ Krishnan specializes in the provision of family specific coercive mechanisms within the constituent documents of each family office to ensure each generation within the family adheres to the governing rules. Included in his role is providing strategic and structural advisory work for UHNW families and their businesses (often multi-jurisdiction). He is a trusted advisor to a number of Asian and European based families.
Dato’ Krishnan also sits as Non-Executive Director of the Board of several Companies and acts as a Specialist Advisor to several private and charitable Foundations. He also serves as Protector of Trusts and Foundations, and Advisory Council Member of Private Foundations and Charitable Foundations.
Dato’ Krishnan is an accomplished law lecturer having lectured/tutored at several law institutions. His specialist subjects are Commercial Law, Company Law, Law of Evidence, Law of Succession and Trust Laws. His teaching skills are well known and much sought after.
Dato’ Krishnan has successfully delivered and produced many distinction students on the following programmes at the British Virgin Islands (BVIs) Financial Services Institute:
- ICSA Certificate in Offshore Finance and Administration – 1. Offshore Business Environment and 2. Principles of Trust and Company Law.
- ICSA Certificate in International Finance and Administration – Specialist Module Investment
- The University of London, Bachelor of Laws (LLB) programme – Criminal Law and Contract Law
- STEP Certificate in International Trust and Management, Central Law Training, U.K
- STEP Diploma in International Trust and Management, Central Law Training, U.K
Dato’ Krishnan is also approved as an International Tutor to deliver the following international professional qualifications:
- ICSA Level 4 Certificate in International Finance and Administration
- ICSA Level 5 Certificate in International Finance and Administration
Dato’ Krishnan is an accomplished writer, having (amongst other topics) published a legal text on English Criminal Law. He has also co-authored – “The Competitive Edge – Workforce Development”, STEP Journal, March 2015
Dato’ Krishnan presents regularly to Regulators, Private Banks and privately organised Groups in various jurisdictions on the subject of regulatory compliance, corporate administration and governance, wealth preservation, and structuring.
- NPO Regulators Workshop 2018, 21st – 23rd November 2018 (organised by Labuan Financial Services Authority)
- Masterclasss on Foundations Law within the Seychelles Foundations Act framework, 22nd and 23rd October, 2018 (organised by Seychelles International Financial Services Authority (SIFSA)
- Masterclass Fundamentals of Trusts and Foundations Laws within the Mauritius Trust Legal Framework, 18th and 19th October, 2018
- Masterclass Fundamentals of Trusts Law within the Mauritius Trust Law Framework Training and Workshop, 21st and 22nd June, 2018
- Fundamentals of Trusts Law within the Labuan Trust Law Framework Training and Workshop for Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA), 21st and 22nd May, 2018
- Private Presentation to the Board of Directors, Mauritius Financial Services Promotion Agency (MSPA) on Capacity Building and Development for the Financial Services Industry thru the Financial Services Institute, 3rd November 2017
- Intergenerational Succession Planning for Family Business – Pacific Trustees, Kuala Lumpur, 23rd October 2017
- Advanced Master Class – Process and Approaches to Foundation Charter Drafting, from 18th -19th September, 2017 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Process and Approaches to Foundation Charter Drafting, Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA) and Labuan Trust Industry, from 9th – 10th August 2017
- Rogers Capital, Introductory course on Trusts/Foundations & Their Administration, from 21st -23rd June 2017 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Foundation Masterclass, Venue: Hennessy Hotel, Ebene, from 19th-20th June 2017 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- State Bank of Mauritius (SBM), Introduction on Trusts and Private Foundations, Mauritius, from 13th June – 17th June 2017 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Offshore Trusts and Foundations as wealth management tools for wealthy Chinese clients at Nankai University, Tianjin, Beijing, China from 29th – 31st May 2017.
- Fundamentals, Governance and Abuses of Foundations Training and Workshop for Labuan Financial Services Authority (LFSA), 3rd and 4th May, 2017
- Private Wealth Management Seminar by ProNumeris Mauritius, “Family Business Advising and Succession Planning”, attended by Senior Management from Overseas Management Companies, Mauritius at the Hennessey Hotel, 20th and 21st March 2017 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Key Note Speaker at Bank One Limited Mauritius, March 2017 – “Bankers Liability in the World of Regulatory Compliance”
- Key Note Speaker, University Malaysia Sabah, 21st February 2017 – “Understanding International Financial Centre and its Advantage” , attendees 500 final year undergraduate students of International Banking, Marketing and Finance
- Key Note Speaker at Bank One Limited Mauritius, Cocktail, 9th December 2016 – “Ring in the new and ring out the old – changing perspectives of the offshore world”
- Bespoke Training for Senior Management and Compliance Team at Bank One Limited Mauritius, Mauritius, 5th December – 9th December, 2016 (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Private Wealth Management Seminar, organised by Messrs Zain, Megat & Murad , The Majestic Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 30th November 2016
- Planning and Protecting Your Wealth, Sibu, Sarawak, jointly organised by Puang Liong Kiak & Co and Labuan Borneo Trustees Limited – 26th September, 2016.
- Master Class Private Foundations , Mauritius, organised by ProNumeris and approved by the Mauritius Qualification Authority – 7th and 8th September 2016, (Approved by Mauritius Qualification Authority)
- Wealth Management Conference, Shanghai, jointly organised by Messrs King & Capital, Offshore Financial Matters Inc., Private Bankers Club, IFA Wealth Planners and CIL International– 19th July 2016,
- Wealth Management Conference, Beijing, jointly organised by Messrs King & Capital, Offshore Financial Matters Inc., Private Bankers Club, IFA Wealth Planners and CIL International – 17th July 2016,
- 5th Roundtable Discussion “Enabling Legislation for Waqf Development”, jointly organised by the Securities Commission Malaysia and Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies –22nd – 23rd March 2014
- Wealth Management Conference, Bali, Indonesia, organised by CAS International – 21st – 23rd November 2013,
- National Conference “21st Century notion of the Fiduciary Duties of Company Directors”, Companies Commission of Malaysia -21st May 2013.
- Mauritius STEP Conference , organised by STEP Worldwide – 9th – 13th April 2013
- Corporate Governance and Administration Training, Seychelles, organised by Justline Malaysia- 9th 10th March 2013
- Panelist, Wealth Management Conference, Hong Kong, organised by Hubbis – 26thFebruary 2013
- Inaugural Offshore Investment Conference , “Private Client Wealth Planning”, Singapore, organised by Offshore Investment Group – 23rd– 24thJanuary 2013,
- Master Class on Labuan Private Foundations for Private Bankers and Trustees,, organised by Labuan IBFC–26th November 2012
- Private Presentation on Private Foundations, Labuan IBFC Board of Directors Chaired by Tan Sri Zeti, Governor Central Bank Malaysia – 22nd October,2012
- Wealth Management Conference,“ Asia’s Preferred International Business and Financial Centre, Shanghai, organised by Labuan IBFC, Malaysia – 11th October, 2012
- Wealth Management Conference “ Asia’s Preferred International Business and Financial Centre, Hong Kong, organised by Labuan IBFC, Malaysia – 9th October, 2012